Last week I was given an AMAZING task, in which I feel both thrilled and terrified. I have been commissioned to do a 'mini-consultancy' for our AIDSRelief Program in Nigeria to conduct a gender analysis. It's only worth about $35 mil! I am thrilled because I am committed to embedding gender-responsiveness deeper within CRS programming. Furthermore, there's nothing more satisfying than being able to apply what I studied!
But I'm also terrified. I am being presented as someone with expertise in gender... which is hardly accurate! I've never done anything close to this scale. Also, this is an excellent opportunity to lay my own professional foundation in an area that I feel passionately about- but what if I stink at what I love? what if I botch it! This is the first significant assignment that I feel really connected to and it's imperative that I perform well if it's meant to become a true area of expertise.
But I choose to return to the thrilling aspects of the consultancy... It fits my expectations of the fellowship: Pushing us just enough past our comfort zones to ensure learning, but not too far that we are unable to rise to the task. At least that's what I hope!
Next week I will be in Accra, Ghana for the West Africa Fellows Retreat. I am so excited for a getaway with useful professional advancement, site seeing, and BEACH!
WOW, Go Get 'Em Lauren!!!!! I know a great proof reader if you need one to review your study. Hope your retreat is fulfilling. Love ya, Mom
ReplyDeleteYou'll be great - just do your best...and it will all fall into place. Love you LP! I'm here cheering for you...in a Zag kind of way. :)
ReplyDelete