28 February 2011

Water for Peace

I've been managing a small project in Jos in which we are integrating water, sanitation and hygiene with community peace building. The pilot project is premised upon the transformation of water as a potentially conflict-generating resource to a peace-generating resource. Water is by no means the primary source of the conflict, however, it is a severe need and access and control of water sources certainly exacerbate communal tensions. Jos is a beautiful city, an oasis of fertile lands nestle between luscious hills. I made two site visits before December 2010 to conduct the start up and we hosted our partners to out office in Abuja in order to do some monitoring.

I have sincerely enjoyed working with their team!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren,
    sounds like a great partnership. I hope it is successful. Safe travels. Love you, Mom

    PS. Love the top you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete